- Abdallah B, Abdel Wahab K (1995) Response of nitrogen fixation, nodule activities, and growth to potassium supply in water stressed broad bean. Journal of Plant Nutrition 18 (7): 1391-1402.
- Adebusoye O, Ping’an J, Sina A (2012) Phosphorus, potassium and phytohormones promote chlorophyll production differently in two cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) varieties grown in hydroponic nutrient solution. Journal of Agricultural Science 4 (2): 157-166.
- Afkari Bajehbaj A, Qasimov N, and Yarina M (2009) Effect of drought stress and potassium on some of the physiological and morphological traits of sunflower (Helianthus annus L.) cultivars. Journal of Food Agriculture and Environment 7(3&4):448-451.
- Alizadeh A (2002) Water, soil and plant relationship. Astan Ghods Razavi Press. 3rd Edition, 353 p (in Persian).
- Ansari H, Sharifiyan H, Davari K (2010) Principle and operation of irrigation. Mashhad Jahad Daneshgahi Press, 316 p. (in Persian).
- Bacon MA (2003) Partial root-zone drying: A sustainable irrigation system for efficient water use without reducing fruit yield. The Lancaster Environmental Centre, Lancaster University Press, 400 p.
- Cakmak I (2005) The role of potassium in alleviating detrimental effects of abiotic stresses in plants. Journal of Plant Nutritionand Soil Science 168: 521-530.
- Castleberry RM, Crum CW (1984) Genetic yield improvement of U.S maize cultivars under varying fertility and climate environment. Crop Science 24:33-36.
- Davies WJ, Hartung W (2004) Does extrapolation from biochemistry to crop functioning worked to sustain plant production under water scarcity? Proceedings of the 4th International Crop Science Congress, Sep. 26 - Oct. 1, 2004, Brisbane, Australia.
10. Dodd IS, Stikis R, Davies WJ (1996) Chemical regulation of gas exchange and growth of plants in drying soil in the field. Journal Experimental Botany 47: 1475-1490.
11. Duli Z, Oosterhuis DM, Bednarz CW (2001) Influence of potassium deficiency on photosynthesis, chlorophyll content and chloroplast ultrastructure of cotton plants. Photosynthetica39 (1): 103-109.
12. English MJ, Musick JT, Mutry VVN (1992) Deficit irrigation. Pp: 361- 393. In: Howell, J.G., and Solomons, K.H. Management of Farm Irrigation Systems. ASCE Publication, New York, USA.
13. FAO Production Year Book (2002) Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nation, Rome, Italy, 51: 209P.
14. Fusheing L (2006) Potassium and water interaction. International Workshop on Soil Potassium and K Fertilizer Management. Agricultural College Guangxi University 1-32.
15. Gardner FP, Brent R, Roger LM (1984) Physiology of crop plant. Iowa State, 1st Edition, 205 p.
16. Gowing DJ, Davies WJ, Jones HG (1990) A positive root-sourced signal as indicator of soil drying in apple Malus domestica Borkh. Journal Experimental Botany 41: 1535-1540.
17. Haeder HE, and Beringer H (1981) Influence of potassium nutrition and water stress on the content of abscisic acid in grains and flag leaves of wheat during grain development Journal Science Food Agriculture 32:522-526.
18. Hu X, Zhang A, Zheng J, Jiang M (2006) Abscisic acid is a key inducer of hydrogen peroxide production in leaves of maize plants exposed to water stress. Plant Cell Physiology 47:1484-1485.
19. Jiang M, Zhang J (2002) Involvement of plasma-membrane NADPH oxidase in abscisic acid and water stress induced antioxidant defence in leaves of maize seedlings. Planta 215: 1022-1030.
20. Kang SZ, Shi P, Pan YH, Liang ZS, Hu XT, Zhang J (2000)Soil water distribution, uniformity and water use efficiency under alternate furrow irrigation in arid areas. Irrigation Science 19(4): 181-190.
21. Khajeh Abdollahi MH, Sepaskhah A (1996) Economic study on alternative furrow irrigation with different periods on corn. 1st Symposium of Economic Application of Water, Tehran, 1996, 156 p. (in Persian).
22. Kogbe JOS, Adediran JA (2003) Influence of nitrogen and phosphorus and potassium application of the yield of maize in the Savanna zone Nigeria. African Journal of Biotechnology 2:345-349.
23. Khogar Z, Arshad K, Malakoti MJ (2000) Effects of optimum fertilization in increasing of tomato. Agricultural Education Press 150 p (in Persian).
24. Kröbel R, Campbell CA, Zentner RP, Lemke R, Steppuhn H, Esjardins RLD, De Jong R (2012) Nitrogen and phosphorus effects on water use efficiency of spring wheat grown in a semi-arid region of the Canadian prairies. Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 92(4): 573-587.
25. Lamrani Z, Belakbir A, Ruiz JM, Ragala L, Lopez-Cantarero I, Romero L (1996). Influence of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium on pigment concentration in cucumber leaves. Community Soil Science Plant Annals 27: 1001-1012.
26. Maples R, Thompson WRJ, Varvil J (1988). Potassium deficiencies in cotton takes on a new look better. Crops Plant Food 73:6-9.
27. Morison JIL, Baker NR, Mullineaux PM, Davies WJ (2008) Improving water use in crop production. Philosophical Transaction Royal Society 363: 639–658.
28. Morshedi A, Farahbakhsh H (2010) Effects of potassium and zinc on grain protein contents and yield of two wheat genotypes under soil and water salinity and alkalinity stresses. Plant Ecophysiology 2: 67-72.
29. Mousavi SF, Soltani-Gerdefaramarzi S, Mostafazadeh-Fard B (2010) Effects of partial rootzone drying on yield, yield components, and irrigation water use efficiency of canola. Water and Environment 8: 157-163.
30. Oosterhuis DM, Bednarz CW (1997) Physiological changes during the development of potassium deficiency in cotton. p. 347–351. In T. Ando et al., (ed.) Plant nutrition for sustainable food production and environment. Kluwer Academic Publication, Dordrecht, the Netherlands.
31. Paknezhad F, Vazan S, Ajali J, Mirakhori M, Nasri M (2010) Effect of drought stress and irrigation methods on yield and yield components of two corn hybrids. Journal of New Science Agriculture 6(18): 17-26 (in Persian).
32. Peuke AD, Jeschke WD, Hartung W (2002) Flows of elements, ions and abscisic acid in Ricinus communis and site of nitrate reduction under potassium limitation. Journal Experimental Botany 53: 241-250.
33. Robiul Alam M, Akkas Ali M, MollaMSH, MominMA, Mannan MA (2009) Evaluation of different levels of potassium on the yield and protein content of wheat in the high Ganges river floodplain soil. Bangladesh Journal Agriculture Research 34(1): 97-104.
34. Schlemmer MR, Francis DD, Shanahan JF, Schepers JS (2005) Remotely measuring chlorophyll content in corn leaves with differing nitrogen levels and relative water content. Agronomy Journal 97: 206-212.
35. Schraut D, Hellmeler H, Hartung W (2005) Radial transport of water and abscisic acid (ABA) in roots of Zea mays under conditions of nutrient deficiency. Journal Experimental Botany 56: 879-886.
36. Stikic R, Popovic S, Srdic M, Savic D, Jovanovic Z, Prokic LJ, Zdravkovic J (2003) Partial root drying (PRD): A new technique for growing plant that saves water. Plant Physiology (special issue) 164-171.
37. Stoll M, Loveys B, Dry P (2000) Hormonal changes induced by partial rootzone drying of irrigated grapevine. Journal Experimental Botany 51: 1627–1634.
38. Wiebold B, Scharf P (2006) Potassium deficiency symptoms in drought stressed crops plant stress resistance and the impact of potassium application in South China. Agronomy Journal 98: 1354-1359.
39. Yokota T, Nahayama M, Harasawa I, Kawabe S (1994) Polyamines, indole-3 acetic acid and abscisic acid in rice phloem sap. Plant Growth Regulation 15: 125-128.
40. Zeng Q, Brown PH (2000) Soil potassium mobility and uptake by corn under different soil moisture regimes. Plant and Soil 221: 121-134.