عنوان مقاله [English]
The study aim was identifying of effective factors on canola farmers’ adoption to sustainable agriculture. The research tools were the questionnaire, which panel of experts had confirmed its validity, and its reliability had been reported from 0.75 to 0.85. The target population of the study consisted of all canola farmers in Golestan province (N=7543), according to Cochran’ formula, a number of 365 people were selected using statistical sampling in a stratified randomization method. Finally, 296 questionnaires were gathered and analyzed (n=296). The knowledge and adoption of canola farmers majority about sustainable agriculture were at moderate and acceptable levels, respectively. The main practices of sustainable agriculture were observing proper time for cultivating, proper time for using chemical fertilizers, and amount of seeds, respectively. Furthermore, the main pushing factors of developing sustainable agriculture were management factor, attitude toward sustainable agriculture, and the amount of using information channels, respectively. In multiple linear regression analysis,social participation, extension-education participation, knowledge about and attitude toward sustainable agriculture”explained37.30 %of the variation of the adoption of sustainable agriculture bycanola farmers.In this regard, it is recommended that training sessions with providing the necessary incentives to farmers,besides increasing knowledge and improving their attitudes, the methods that contribute to the sustainability of crop production should be emphasized
10. KalantariKH (2006) Data Processing and Analysis in Socio-Economic Research. Sharif, Tehran.
11. Krejcie RV, Morgan DV (1970) Determining sample size for research activities. Educational and Psychological Measurement 30: 608-613.
12. Lashgarara F (2011) Identification of influencing factors on adoption of sustainable agriculture among Wheat farmers of Lorestan Province, Iran. Advances in Environmental Biology 5 (5): 967-972.
13. Leeuwiswe C (2004) Communication for rural innovation: Rethinking agricultural extension. Blackwell, Iowa, USA.
14. Low AR (1993) The low input sustainable agriculture (LISA) prescription: A bitter pill or farmhouseholds in Southern Africa. Project Appraisal 8(2): 97-101.
15. Madeley J (2002) Food for all, the need for a new agriculture. Global Issues. p. 43.
16. Mollayosefi M,Hayati B, Hasanzade J (2009) Factors influencing the adoption of sustainable agricultural technologies among the wheat farmers in city of Marand. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference of Agricultural Economics. Ferdowsi University Press Mashhad[In Persian with English abstract]
17. Ommani A.R., Chizari M (2006) Determining Social Economical and Farming Characteristics of Wheat Farmers Regarding Adoption of Low Input Sustainable Agriculture in Khuzestan Province. JWSS - Isfahan University of Technology 10(1):107-120. [In Persian with English abstract]
18. Pezeshki rad GH, Feali S, Chizari M (2009) Impact of Overseers on Wheat farmer adoption of soil conservation technologies and innovations in Tehran Journal of Agricultural Research and Development 2(2):53-60. [In Persian with English abstract]
19. Rahnavard A (2003) Best Management in calona harvesting. Journal of Vegetable Oil Industry 12:14-17. [In Persian with English abstract]
20. Sadati SA, ShbanaliFami H, Asadi A (2010) Farmer’s attitude on sustainable agriculture and its determinants: A case study in Behbahan County of Iran. Research Journal of Applied Sciences Engineering and Technology 2 (5): 422-427.
21. Sadigh H, Ahmadpour A (2005) Assessing farmers’ attitude toward cultivation and development of saffron production and investigating their difficulties and problems. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 36(3):689-699. [In Persian with English abstract]
22. Soleimani S (2008) Factors influencing the adoption of sustainable agriculture by wheat farmers in the Marvdasht. Journal of Agricultural Extension and Economics 1(3):75-89. [In Persian with English abstract]
23. Tabraee M (2004) Roleof training and extension advicein sustainable agriculture in Khorasan Province. The Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 18(2):29-41. [In Persian with English abstract]
24. Torshizi M, Salami H (2007) Factors affecting soil conservation measures(case study of KhorasanRazavi). Journal of Agricultural Economy 1(2):255-270. [In Persian with English abstract]