Arnon DI (1949(. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplast poly phenol oxidase in Beta vulgarism. Plant Physiology. 24: 1- 15.
Ashraf M, Foolad M. R (2007). Roles of glycine betaine and proline in improving plant abiotic stress resistance. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 59: 206-216.
Bates L.S, Walderen R.D, Taere I.D (1973). Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies. Plant and Soil Science. 39, 205-207
Bradford K.J (1995). Water relation analysis of seed germination rates. Plant Physiology. 94, 840 -849.
Chen S, Li S, Wang A, Huttermann A, Altman A (2001). Salt, nutrient uptake and transport, and ABA of Populus eupharatica; a hybrid in response to increasing soil NaCl. Trees-Structure and Function. 15, 186 194.
De Herralde F (2000). Integral study of the eco physiological responses to water stress. Characterization of almond varieties. Nucis-Newslette.r 9, 20-21.
De Herralde F, Save R, Biel C, Batlle I, Vargas, FJ (1999). Differences in drought tolerance in two almond cultivars:‘‘Lauranne and Masbovera’’.XI Grempa. Seminar on Pistachios and Almonds. Turkey, 1-4 Sep., 56: 149.
Emmerich WE, Hardegree S.P (1990). Polyethylene glycol solution contact effect on seed germination. Agronomy Journal. 82, 1103–1107.
FAO. 2011. Food and Agricultural commodities production. http: faostat fao org site 33/default aspx
10. Germana C. 1997. Experiences on the response of almond plants (A. communis L.) to water stress. Acta Horticulturae. 449: 497-503.
12. Ibrahim M, Zeid N, El-Semary A (2001). Response of two differentially drought. Tolerant varieties of maize to drought stress. Pakistan Journal of Biologic Science. 4, 779-784.
13. Irigoyen JJ, Emerich DW, Sanchez-Diaz M (1992). Alfalfa leaf senescence include by drought stress: photosynthesis, hydrogen peroxide metabolism, lipid peroxidation and ethylene evolution. Physiologia Plantarum. 84: 67-72.
14. Karamanos AJ (1995). The involvement of praline and some metabolites in water stress and their importance as drought resistance indicators. Plant Physiology. 21(2-3): 98-110.
15. Kaufman MR, Eckard AN (1971). Evaluation of stress control by polyethylene. Glycols by analysis of gulation. Plant Physiology. 47,453- 456.
16. Levitt J (1980). Responses of plants to environmental stresses: water, radiation, salt and other stresses. Vol. II. Academic Press, New York.
17. Lutts S, Kinet JM, Bouharmont J (1995). Changes in plant response to NaCl during development of rice (Oryza sativa
L.) varieties differing in salinity resistance. Journal Experimental of Botany. 46, 1843–1852.
18. Mahajan Sh, Tuteja, N (2005). Cold, salinity and drought stresses: An overview. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 444, 139-158.
19. Michel B. E, Kaufman M. R (1973). The osmotic potential of polyethylene glycol 6000. Plant Physiology. 51: 914 – 916.
20. Parida AK, Das, AB (2005). Salt tolerance and salinity effects on plants: A review. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 60, 324-349.
21. Prisco J.T, Baptista C.R, Pinheiro E.J.L (1992). Hydration, Dehydration Seed. Pretreatment and its effects on seed germination under water stress. Plant Physiology 70, 114 – 126.
22. Rouhi V (2007). Seed Germination of Prunus scoparia (Spach) C.K. Schneider and Drought Stress Evaluation Based on Ecophysiological Parameters and Growth Characteristics for Three Contrasting Almond Species (P. dulcis (Miller) D. Webb, P. lycioides (Spach) C.K. Schneider and P. scoparia (Spach) C.K. Schneider.Ph.D. Diss. University of Antwerp, Faculty of Science, Department of Applied Biological Sciences.
23. SAS (2000). STAT User’s Guide. SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA.
24. Torrecillas A, Alarcon JJ, Domingo R, Planes J, Sanches MJ (1996). Strategies for drought resistance in leaves of two almond cultivars. Plant Science. 118: 135-143.
25. Yamasaki S, Dillenburg L. C (1999). Measurements of leaf relative water content in Araucaria angustifolia. Revista Brasilian Fisiologia Vegetal. 11: 69-75.