عنوان مقاله [English]
There are main differences between two Iranian Taleshi and Holstein cattles in milk and meat production and reproduction traits. In this study, polymorphism in second intron of bovine Leptin gene was investigated in order to find molecular mechanisms of these differences in DNA levels. DNA extraction was carried out according to modified salting procedure from blood of one hundered cattles (70 Taleshi and 30 Holstein cattles) and then was amplified 422 bp from second intron of Leptin gene. PCR products were then digested with Sau3AI restriction enzyme for genotype frequency identification. Results revealed that AA, AB and BB genotype frequencies were 61.42, 31.42 and 7.16 percent for Taleshi native cattles and 56.7, 43.3 and zero percent for Holstein cattles, respectively. Frequency of A and B alleles for Taleshi and Holstein cattles were also 77.1, 22.9 and 78.3, 21.7 percent respectively. According the result, polymorphism rate of Iranian cattles in Leptin gene was low and this might cause some breeding difficulties in future.
1- توکلیان، ج. 1378. نگرشی بر ذخایر ژنتیکی دام و طیور بومی ایران. انتشارات مؤسسه تحقیقات علوم دامی کشور، 46 صفحه.
2. Almeidate, E., A. Almeida, J. C. F. Morqes and T. weimer. 2003. Molecular marker in the Leptin gene and reproductive performance of beef cattle. Animal Genetic and Breeding 120 (2): 106.
3. Belby, C. R. and L. Macmillan. 1998. Comparative study of ovarian function in American Holstein. Journal of Dairy Science 22: 2-8.
4. Boom, R., C. J. A. Sol, M. M. M. Salimans, C. L. Jansen, P. M. E. Wertheim-Van Dillen and J. Van Der Noordaa. 1989. Rapid and simple method for purification of nucleic acids. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 28 (3): 495-503.
5. Chenoweth, P. J. 1994. Aspect of reproduction in female Bos indicus cattle. A review of Australian Veterinary Journal 71: 422-426.
6. Frubeck. G. S., A. Jebb and A. M Prentic. 1998. Review: Leptin physiology and pathophysiology. Clinical Physiology 48 (5): 399-419.
7. Javanmard, A., M. R. Mohammadabadi, G. Elyasi Zarringhabayi, A. A. Gharahedaghi, M. R. Nassiry, A. Javadmanesh and N. Asadzadeh. 2008. Polymorphism within the intron region of the bovine Leptin gene in Iranian Sarabi cattle (Iranian Bos taurus). Russian Journal of Genetics 44 (4): 495-497.
8. Lagonigro, R. P., F. Wiener, J. A. Pilla and J. Woolliams. 2003. A new mutation in the coding region of the bovine Leptin gene associated with feed intake. Animal Genetic 34 (5): 371-374.
9. Liefers, S. C. M., F. W. Tepas and R. F. Veerkamp. 2002. Association between Leptin gene polymorphism and protein, live weight, energy balance, feed intake, and fertility in Holstein. Journal Dairy Science 85: 1633-1638.
10. Liendersoon, M., L. Anderson and D. J. de-konine. 1998. Mapping of serum amylase-1 and quantitative trait loci for milk production traits to cattle chromosome. Journal Dairy Science 81: 1454-461.
11. Lucy, M. C. 2000. Reproductive physiology in High-yielding diary cattle. www.Missouri.edu.
12. Niasarti, N. 1995. Control of follicle growth hormone before super ovulation and subsequent size and number of recruited follicles in Brahman and Holstein heifers. Australian Society of Reproduction Biology 27: 83-90.
13. Pfister-Geneskow, M. H., A. Hayes, M. Eggen and D. Bishop. 1996. Chromosal location of bovine obesity gene. Mammalian Genome 7: 398-405.
14. Pomp, D., A. C. Clutter and W. Barendse. 1997. Mapping of Leptin to bovine chromosome 1 by linkage analysis of a PCR- based polymorphism. Journal of Animal Science 75: 1427-1434.
15. Pryce, J. E., M. P. Coffey and S. Brotherston. 2000. The genetic relationship between calving interval, body condition score and linear type and management traits in Holsteins. Journal Dairy Science 83: 2664-2671.
16. Veerkamp, R. F. and J. K. Oldenbrok. 2000. Genetic correlation between days until starts of luteal and milk yield, energy balance and live weight. Journal of Dairy Science 83: 577-583.
17. Zwierzchowski L., J. Krzyzewski, N. Strzalkowska, E. Siadkowska and Z. Rynieweaz. 2002. Effects of polymorphism of growth hormone, Pit-1, Leptin gene, cow age, lactation stage and somatic cell count on milk yield and composition of Polish black- white cows. Animal Science Papers and Reports 20 (4): 213-227.
18. Zwierzchowski L., J. Oprzadek, E. Dymnicki and P. Dzierzbicki. 2001. An association of growth hormone, κ-casein, β-lactoglobulin, Leptin and Pit-1 loci polymorphism with growth rate and carcase traits in beef cattle. Animal Science Papers and Reports 19: 65-78.