1. Altan, O. and I. Oguz. 1996. The effects of temperature stress on equilibrium of acid- base and some egg yield triats in selected and unselected quail lines depending on live weight. Turk. J. Vet. Anim. Sci. Ankara. Turkey 20: 211- 214.
2. Akbar, M. K., J. S. Gavora, G. W. Friars and R. S. Gowe. 1983. Composition of eggs by commercial size categories effects of genetic group, age and diet. Poultry Science 62: 925-933.
3. Al Bustany, Z. and K. Elwinger. 1987. Shell and interior quality and chemical composition of eggs from different dietary lysine levels. Acta Agriculture Scand. 37: 175-187.
4. Altan, O., A., M. Cabuk and H. bayraktar. 2000. Effects of heat stress on some blood parameters in broilers. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science 24: 145-148.
5. Austic R. E. and K. Keshavarz. 1988. Interaction of dietary calcium and chloride and the influence of monovalent minerals on eggshell quality. Poultry Science 67: 750-759.
6. Chen, J. and D. Balnave. 2001. The influence of drinking water containing sodium chloride on performance and eggshell quality of a modern colored layer strain. Poultry Science 80: 91-94.
7. Cohen I. and S. Hurwitz. 1974. The response of blood ionic constituents and acid-base balance to dietary sodium, potassium and chloride in laying fowls, Poultry Science 53: 378-383.
8. Fletcher, D. L., W. M. Britton, G.M. Pesti and S.I. Savage. 1983. The relationship of later flock age and egg weight on egg component yields and solid content. Poultry Science 62: 1800-1805.
9. Gezen, S. S., M. Eren and G. Deniz. 2005. The effect of different dietary electrolyte balances on eggshell quality in laying hens. Revue Medicine Veterinary 156(10): 491-497.
10. Hamilton, R. M. G. and B. K. Thompson. 1980. Effects of sodium plus potassium to chloride ratio in practical type diets on blood gas levels in three strains of white leghorn hens and the relationship between acid-base balance and egg shell strength. Poultry Science 59: 1294-1303.
11. Hooge, D. M. 1995. Dietary electrolytes influence metabolic processes of poultry. Feedstuffs. 12: 14-21.
12. Hughes, R.I. 1988. Inter-relationships between eggshell quality, blood acid-base balance and dietary electrolytes. World Poultry Science Journal 44: 30-40.
13. Lacroix, R., D. R. Keeney and L. M. Welsh. 1970. Potentiometric titration of chloride in plant tissue extracts using the chloride ion electrode. Commum. Soil Science and Plant Analyse 1: 1-6.
14. Mashaly, M. M., G. L. Hendricks and M. A. Kalama. 2004. Effects of heat stress on production parameters and immune responses of commercial laying hens. Poultry Science 83: 889-894.
15. Mehner, M. N. and W. Hartfiel. 1983. Hanbuch der gefiugerphsiologie. Teil. I., 519: 333-337.
16. Mongin, P. 1968. Role of acid-base balance in the physiology of eggshell formation. Worlds poultry Science Journal 24: 200-230.
17. Muiruri, H. K. and P. C. Harrison. 1991. Effect of roost temperature on performance of chickens in hot ambient environments. Poultry Science 70: 2253-2258.
18. National Research Council (NRC). 1994. Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. 9th rev. ed. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
19. Nizamettin., S. H., Akyurek H. Ersin and A. Agma. 2005. Assessment the impacts of dietary electrolyte balance levels on laying performance of commercial white layers. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 4(6): 423-427.
20. Ronald, D. A. 1979. Factor influencing shell quality of aging hens. Poultry Science 58: 774- 777.
21. Sahin, K., O. Ozbey, M. Onderci, G. Cikim and M.H. Aysondu. 2002. Chromium supplementation can alleviate negative effects of heat stress on egg production, egg quality and some serum metabolites of laying Japanese quail. Journal of Nutrition 132: 1265-1268.
22. SAS Institute. 1985. SAS user's guide: Statistics, Version 5. SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Institute Inc., California, USA.
23. Sauveur, B. and P. Mongin. 1978. Interrelationship between dietary concentrations of sodium, potassium and chloride in laying hens. British Poultry Science 19: 475-485.
24. Summers, J. D. and S. Leeson. 1983. Factors influencing early egg size. Poultry Science 62: 1155-1159.
25. Yoruk, M. A., M. Gul, A. Hayirli and M. Karaoglu. 2004. Laying performance and egg quality of hens supplemented with sodium bicarbonate during the late laying period. International Journal of Poultry Science 3 (4): 272-278.