عنوان مقاله [English]
To study phenotypic diversity and relationship among agronomical traits of 100 barley F3 generation families derived from cross between Badia × Komino barely cultivars, an experiment was conducted based on randomized complete block design with three replications at research field of Gonbad Kavous University during 2014-2015. Barley families had significantly high diversity in terms of awn length, spikelet no/spike. Grain yield was positive significantly correlated with total spike weight, seedlings number, plant height, awn length and biological yield and the highest correlation was observed between grain yield and total spike weight. In stepwise regression analysis, traits of seedlings number, days to heading, grain diameter, grains per spike, awn length had high contributed to grain yield. In path analysis the trait that had the most direct effect on yield was seedlings number. Barely families were classified into three groups regarding cluster analysis using Ward method and the third group was chosen as desirable one. On the whole, The most important factors influencing on yield increment of barley families was seedlings number and days to heading and these traits could be suitable choices to be used in barley breeding improvement programs.
10. Karami E, Ghannadha MR, Naghavi MR, Mardi M (2005) An evaluation of drought resistance in barley. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science 36(3): 547-560. [in Persian with English abstract]
11. Khazaei A, Moghaddam M, Nourmohammadi S, Shafaeddin S (2002). Study of genetic variation in winter barley landraces related to west part of Iran. Proceedings of the 7th Iranian Crop Science Congress. Karaj, Iran. [in Persian]
12. Mirzaie Nadushan H (1997) Evaluation of genetic diversity and geographical the collection of Iranian and foreign beans. Master Thesis, Tarbiat Modarres University, Faculty of Agriculture: Tehran, Iran. [in Persian with English abstract]
13. Mobasser S, Nourmohammadi Gh, Kashani A, Moghaddam M (2002) Kernel yield path analysis in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Journal of Crop Science 2(1): 15-22. [in Persian with English abstract]
14. Mohammadi SA, Prasanna BM (2003) Analysis of genetic diversity in crop plants-salient statistical tools and considerations. Crop Science 43(4): 1235-1248.
15. Nei M, Li WH (1979) Mathematical model for studying genetic variation in terms of restriction endonucleases. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of America 76(10): 5269-5273.
16. Rashed Mohassel MH, Hosseini M, Abdi M, Molafylaby AA (2001) Cultivation of Crops. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad Publication: Mashhad. [in Persian]
17. Romesborg CH (1990) Cluster Analysis for Researchers. Lulu Press: Raleigh.
18. Shafaeddine S (2002) Genetic and Geographical Diversity of Barley Landraces from Northern Parts of Iran, According to the Agronomic and Morphological Characters. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3(33): 569-581. [in Persian with English abstract]
19. Shahmoradi Sh, Shafaoddin S, Yoosefi A (2011) Phenotypic diversity in barley ecotypes of arid-zone of Iran. Seed and Plant Improvement Journal 27-1(4): 495-515. [In Persian with English abstract].
20. Sinebo W (2002) Determination of grain protein concentration in barley: Yield relationships of barleys grown in a tropical highland environment. Crop Science Journal 24(2): 428-437.
21. Syed Aghamiri SMM, Mostafavi Kh, Mohammadi A (2012) Investigation of the relationship between grain yield and yield components in barley varieties and new hybrids using multivariate statistical methods. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 10(2): 421-427. [in Persian]
22. Torres VR, Davila JH, Mendoza AB, Godina FR, Maiti RK (2004) Importance of agronomic characteristics in the grain yield of maize under irrigated and rainfed conditions. Journal of Crop Research 27(2&3): 169-176.
23. Valizadeh K, Kazemi Arbat H (2006) Correlation and path analysis of grain yield and its components in naked barley. Proceedings of the 9th Iranian Crop Science Congress. Tehran, Iran. [in Persian with English abstract]
24. Zaheer A, Salfullah A, Muhammad M, Muhammad Z, Muhammad-Shahid M (2008) Genetic diversity for morpho-genetic traits in barley germplasm. Pakistan Journal of Botany 40(3): 1217-1224.
25. Zhang DX, Hewitt GM (2003) Nuclear DNA analyses in genetic studies of populations: practice, problems and prospects. Molecular Ecology 12(3): 563-584.