عنوان مقاله [English]
Among the agronomic practices, planting date and nitrogen fertilization are the prime factors that remarkably limit crop production. To evaluate the effect of sowing date and nitrogen fertilizer on some morphological traits and yield of wheat, a field experiment was conducted at a Farm of Hashtroud, Iran in 2015 growing season. The experiment was conducted based on randomized complete block design in split-plot experiment with three replications. Experimental treatments included Four sowing date of Sept. 27, Oct. 4, Oct. 11, and Oct. 18 as main plot and three nitrogen fertilizer rates of 0, 50 and 100 kg/ha as sub plots. Plant height, spike length, peduncle length and extrusion peduncle length increased with nitrogen fertilizer rates but, delay in sowing date decreased these traits. Also, delaying in sowing date decreased 1000 grains weight and grain yield per hectare. Nitrogen application significantly increased seeds per spike, 1000 grains weight, grain yield and harvest index. In general, wheat cultivation on Sept. 27th and using 100 kg/ha nitrogen fertilizer is recommended in Hashtroud region.
1. Abdulahi A (2015) Study on effect of seed density and planting date on yield and yield components of bread wheat in dry land conditions. Iranian Agriculture Drought Journal 4(2): 99-115. [in Persian with English abstract]
2. Agriculture-Jahad Ministry (2015) statistics of crops production in Hashtroud. Agriculture-Jahad management of Hashtrood. 33 pp. [in Persian]
3. Ahmed MF, Ahmed AS (2006) Effect of sowing dates on growth and yield of wheat at different elevations in Jebel Marra high lands under rain-fed conditions. Agricultural Research corporation 4(13): 154-162.
4. Ali MA, Ali M, Sattar M, Ali L (2010) Sowing date effect on yield of different wheat varieties. Journal of Agricultural Research 48(2): 157-162.
5. Aslam M, Iqbal A, Ibni Zamir MS, Mubeen M, Amin M (2011) Effect of different nitrogen levels and seed rates on yield and quality of maize fodder. Crop and Environment 2(2): 47-51.
6. Bellido LL, Fuentesa M, Castilloa JE, Lopez-Garridod FJ (1998) Effect of tillage, crop rotation and nitrogen fertilization on wheat under rainfed Mediterranean conditions. Field Crops Research 57(3): 265-276.
7. Bindra AD, Kalia BD, Kumar S (2000) Effect of N-levels and dates of transplanting on growth, yield and yield attributes of second rice. Advances in Agricultural Research in India 10: 45-48.
8. Blue EN, Mason SE, Sander DH (1989) Influence of planting date, seeding rate and phosphorus rate on wheat yield. Agronomy Journal 82(4): 762-768.
9. Cala V, Cases MA, Walter I (2005) Biomass production and heavy metal content of Rosmarinus officinalis growth on organic waste-amended soil. Journal of Arid Environments 62: 401-412.
10. Camara KM, Payne WA, Rasmussen PE (2003) Long-term effects of tillage, nitrogen and rainfall on winter wheat yields in the Pacific Northwest. Agronomy Journal 95(4): 828-835.
11. Castillo EG, Buresh RJ, Ingram KT (1992) Low land rice yield as affected by timing of water deficit and nitrogen fertilization. Agronomy Journal 84(2): 152-159.
12. Davis JG, Westfall DG, Mortvedt JJ, Shanahan JF (2002) Fertilizing winter wheat. Agronomy Journal 84: 1198-1203.
13. El-Gizawy NKB (2009) Effect of planting date and fertilizer application on yield of wheat under no till system. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 5(6): 777-783.
14. Evans J (1989) Photosynthesis and nitrogen relationship in leaves of C3 plants. Oecologia 78(1): 9-19.
15. Flowers M, James C, Petrie S, Machado S, Rhinhart K (2006) Planting date and seeding rate effects on the yield of winter and spring wheat varieties results from the 2005-2006 cropping year. Agriculture Research 12(2): 72-81.
16. Ganbari A, Roshani H, Tavassoli A (2012) Effect of Sowing Date on Some Agronomic Characteristics and Seed Yield of Winter Wheat Cultivars. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology 6(2): 127-144. [in Persian with English abstract]
17. Gharangeik A, Ghaleshei S (2001) Investigation of foliar urea fertilizer application on yield and yield component of two wheat cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources 8(2): 87-98. [in Persian with English abstract]
18. Halvorson AD, Peterson GA, Reule CA (2002) Tillage system and crop rotation effects on dryland crop yields and soil carbon in the central Great Plains. Agronomy Journal 94(6): 1429-1436.
19. Hatfield JL, Prueger JH (2004) Nitrogen over-use, under-use, and efficiency. Proceedings of the 4th International Crop Science Congress. Brisbane, Australia.
20. Heskelh JD, Worrington II (1989) Crop growth response to temperature, rate and duration and leaf emergence. Agronomy Journal 81: 698-701.
21. Hosseini R, Galeshi S, Soltani A, Kalateh M (2011) The effect of nitrogen on yield and yield component in modern and old wheat cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources 4(1): 187-199. [in Persian with English abstract]
22. Kamara AY, Ekeleme F, Chikoye D, Omioigui LO (2009) Planting date and cultivar effects on grain yield in dryland corn production. Agronomy Journal 101(1): 91-98.
23. Kelley KW (2001) Planting date and foliar fungicide effects on yield components and grain traits of winter wheat. Agronomy Journal 93(2): 380-389.
24. Khajehpour MR (2007) Principles and fundamentals of crop production. Isfahan University of Technology. Jahad-e-Daneshgahi of Isfahan Press: Isfahan. [in Persian]
25. Khan M, Haq NU (2002) Effect of planting date, chlortoluron + MCPA and wheat varieties on weed control and wheat yield. Sarhad Journal of Agricultural 18(2): 443-447.
26. Khan M, Qasim khan M, Rehman S, Niamatullah M, Uz-Zaman KH, Sadiq M (2012) Effect of different rates of NPK on the yield contributing traits and economics of wheat in Rod Kohi area of Dera Ismail Khan division. Sarhad Journal of Agricultural 28(2): 159-164.
27. Mazaheri D, Modarres Sanavi SAM (1992) Evaluation of planting date and seed density on barley valfajr variety. Iranian Journal of Agriculture 23: 1-7. [in Persian with English abstract]
28. Mehrpouyan M, Timas G, Aminzadeh GR (2010) The effect of sowing date and plant density on morphological traits in advanced lines of bread wheat in Moghan region. Crop Research Journal 9(3): 37-49. [in Persian with English abstract]
29. Modarresi M, Mohammadi V, Zali A, Mardi M (2010) Response of wheat yield and yield related traits to high temperature. Cereal Research Communications 38(1): 23–31.
30. Raun WR, Johnson GV (1999) Improving nitrogen use efficiency for cereal production. Agronomy Journal 91(3): 357-363.
31. Rieger S, Richner W, Streit B, Frossard E, Liedgens M (2008) Growth, yield, and yield components of winter wheat and the effects of tillage intensity, proceeding crops and N fertilization. European Journal of Agronomy 28: 405-411.
32. Sadeghi B, Rashed Mohasel MH (1990) The effects of nitrogen and irrigation in the production of cumin (Cuminum cyminum ). Final project report, Scientific and Industrial Research Organization of Iran: Khorasan, Iran. [in Persian]
33. Shahsavar N, Safari M (2005) The effect of N on yield components of three wheat cultivars yield. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi Journal 66: 124-140. [in Persian with English abstract]
34. Shakeri E, Amini Dehaghi M, Tabatabaei SA, Modares Sanavi SAM (2012) Effect of chemical fertilizer and biofertilizer on seed yield, its components, oil and protein percent in sesame varietes. Journal of Agricultural Science 22(1): 71-85. [in Persian with English abstract]
35. Sharifi Z, Haghnia G (2006) Effect of nitroxin biofertilizer application on grain yield and yield components of wheat (cv. Sabalan). Proceedings of the Second National Conference on Ecological Agriculture in Iran. Gorgan, Iran. [in Persian]
36. Shokrani F, Pirzad A, Zardoshti MR, Darvishzadeh R (2012) Effect of irrigation disruption and biological nitrogen on growth and flower yield in Calendula officinalis L. African Journal of Biotechnology 11(21): 4795-4802.
37. Singh K, Sharma SN, Sharma Y (2011) Effect of high temperature on yield attributing traits in bread wheat. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research 36(3): 415-426.
38. Srivastava RDL, Mehrotra ON (1978) Physiological studies on nutrition of dwarf wheats. IV. Grain quality of wheat as influenced by varieties and levels of nitrogen. Indian Council of Agricultural Research 14: 139-147.
39. Subhan F, Khan M, Jamro GH (2004) Effect of different planting date, seeding rate and weed control method on grain yield and yield components in wheat. Sharhad Journal of Agriculture 20(1): 51-55.
40. Taghizadeh R, Seyed Sharifi R (2011) Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on yield attributes and nitrogen use efficiency in zea maize cultivars. Journal of Sciences and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources 15(57): 209-217. [in Persian with English abstract]
41. Tavakkoli AR (2012) Effect of sowing date and limited irrigation on yield and yield components of five cultivars Wheat in Maragheh region. Journal of Crop Production and Processing 2(6): 87-96. [in Persian with English abstract]
42. Tollenear M, Dayman TB, Hunter RB (1974) Effect of Temperature on rate of leaf appearance and plowing date in maize. Crop Science 19: 363-366.
43. Wajid A, Ghaffar A, Maqsood M, Hussain K, Nasim W (2007) Yield response of maize hybrids to varying nitrogen rates. Pakistanian Journal of Agricultural Science 44(2): 217-220.
44. Zebart BJ, Sheard RW (1992) Influence of rate timing of nitrogen fertilization on yield and quality of red winter wheat in Ontario. Plant Science 72(1): 13-19.