عنوان مقاله [English]
The current study was conducted to evaluate genetic diversity of rice promosing lines using multivariate analyses on agronomic and morphological traits. Sixteen rice lines were planted in a randomized complete block design with four replications in 2009 at the Tonekabon (Chaparsar) Rice Research Station in Iran. Agronomic and morphological characteristics including plant height, tiller number, panicle length, flag leaf area, filled, empty and total grains number, thousand kernel weight, panicle weight and yield were assessed. Genotypes were classified into three groups using Ward’s method. Results of stepwise regression analysis for yield indicated that three traits of panicle weight, flag leaf area and plant height showed higher variation and explained total yield variations. In general, genotypes number 11, 13 and 15, which had higher yield and morphological characteristics than others could be used as a base community and desirable lines for agronomic programs, and they is recommended in the same conditions as this experiment.
1. Aghazade Gholaki R, Ghareizi B, Nematzadeh GA, Babaeian NA (2003) Classification of some Iranian rice germplasms by use of RAPD marker. Iranian Journal Agriculture Science 34: 757- 767. [in Persian with English Abstract]
2. Aghazadeh R, Nematzadeh GA, Babaeian Jeloudar N (2008) Assessment of genetic diversity of rice varieties and lines using quantities characters. Journal of New agricultural Science 3(9): 1-12. [in Persian with English Abstract]
3. Akinwale MG, Gregorio G, Nwilene F, Akinyele BO, Ogunbayo SA, Odiyi AC (2011) Heritability and correlation coefficient analysis for yield and its components in rice (Oryza sativa L.). African Journal of Plant Science 5(3): 207-212.
4. Bakhshipour S, Gazanchian A, Mohaddesi A, Rahimsouroush H, Nasiri M (2012) Genotypic and phenotypic correlations between grain yield and some agronomic traits in promising rice lines. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi 97(4): 82-90. [in Persian with English Abstract]
5. Chaubey PK, Richharia AK (1993) Genetic, variability, correlation and path coefficient in indica rice. Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 53(4): 356 – 360.
6. Dash SK, Singh J, Tripathy M, Mishra D (1996) Association of quantitative traits and path analysis in medium land rice. Environment and Ecology 14(1): 99 –102.
7. Dewy DR, Lu KH (1959) A correlation and path coefficient analysis of component of crested wheat grass seed production. Agronomy Journal 51: 515 – 518.
8. Dorosti H, Sadeghian Motahar Y, Ghanadha MR (2004) Determination of genetic diversity based on agronomic traits in advanced lines and cultivars of rice. Seed and Plant Journal 20(2): 137-147. [in Persian with English Abstract]
9. Gravois KA, McNew RW (1993) Genetic relationship among and selection for rice yield and yield component. Crop Science 33: 249 – 252.
10. Hasamuzzaman M, Fujita M, Islam MN, Ahmed KU, Nahar K (2009) Performance of four irrigated rice varieties under different levels of salinity stress. International Journal of Integrative Biology 6 (2): 85-90.
11. Hosseini M, Honarnejad R, Tarang AR (2005) Gene effects and combining ability of quantitative characteristics and grain quality of rice. Journal of Agriculture Science 15(4), 253- 260. [in Persian with English Abstract]
12. Iftekharuddaula KM, Khaleda A, Hassan MS, Fatema K, Badshad A (2002) Genetic divergence, character association and selection criteria in irrigated rice. Journal of Biological Sciences 2: 243-246.
13. Khaleda A, Bashar MK, Iftekharuddala KM, Ahmed MS, Rashid MH (2002) Genetic diversity among irrigated traditional and modern rice germplasm. Journal of Biological Sciences 2: 659-661.
14. Koutroubasa SD, Mazzinib F (2004) Grain quality variation and relationship with morpho-physiological traits in rice (Oryza sativa L.) genetic resources in Europe. Field crops research 86: (2), 115-130.
15. Kumar,GS, Mahadevappa M (1998) Studies on genetic variability, correlation and analysis in rice during winter across the location. Journal of Agriculture Sciences 11(1): 73-77.
16. Mahabub H (2005) Does rice researches reduce poverty in Asia? Rice Today 5 (1): 37.
17. Mahmood N, Coudhry MA (2000) Inheritance of flag leaf in breed wheat genotypes. Department of plant breeding and genetics, University of Agriculture. Faisalabad. Pakistan. Wheat Information Service 90: 7-12.
18. Mazhari M )2004( Assessment of genetic diversity of rice varieties based on morphological characteristics. Master Thesis of Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture, Guilan University. [in Persian with English Abstract]
19. Miller BC, Hill JE, Roberts SR (1991) Plant population effects on growth and yield in water-seeded rice. Agronomy Journal 83: 291-297.
20. Mohaddesi A, Bakhshipour S, Abbasian A, Sattari M, Mohammad Salehi M (2013) Study on adaptability, quality and quantity characters of rice genotypes in Mazandaran. Journal Plant Production 20(2): 19-36. [in Persian with English Abstract].
21. Nabipour A, Yazdi-Samadi B, Sarrafi A, Zali A, Talei AR, Shahnejat- Booshehri AA (2005) Study of important agronomic traits and their interrelationships in sunflower using recombinant inbred lines. Iranian Journal of Agriculture 36 (3): 647-658. [in Persian with English Abstract]
22. Paul CR, Nanda JS (1994) Path analysis of yield and yield components and construction of selection indicies of direct-seeded rice. First season National Agricultural Research Institute 63-71.
23. Peng S, Cassman KG, Kropff MJ (1995) Relationship between leaf photosynthesis and nitrogen content of field-grown rice in the tropics. Crop Science 35: 1627-1630.
24. Peng S, Laza RC, Visperas RM, Sainco AL, Cassman KG, Khush GS (2002) Grain yield of rice cultivars and line developed in the Philippines’s since 1996. Crop Science 40(2): 307-314.
25. Prakash KS, Prakash, BG (1987) A path coefficient analysis of panicle traits. IRRINote 18 (1): 20-21
26. Rahimi M, Rabiei B, Ramzani M, Moafegh S (2010) Evaluation of agronomic traits and variables to improve on rice yield. Journal of Iranian field crop Research 8 (1): 111-119. [in Persian with English Abstract]
27. Rahim Soroush H, Mesbah M, Hosseinzadeh AH, Bozorgipour R (2004) Genetic, phenotypic variability and cluster analysis for quantitative and qualitative traits of rice. Seed and Plant Journal 167-182. [in Persian with English Abstract]
28. Rahim Soroush H, Misbah M, Hosseinzadeh A (2005) Study the relationship between yield and yield components in rice. Journal of Agricultural Science 35(4): 993-983. [in Persian with English Abstract]
29. Rezaei A, Soltani H (2008) An introduction to applied regression analysis. Isfahan University of Technology P. 306. [in Persian]
30. Salam Khan A, Imran M, Ashfaq A (2009) Estimation genetic variability and correlation for grain yield components in rice (Oryza sativa L.). American-Eurasian Journal. Agriculture and Environ Science 6 (5): 585-590.
31. SAS Institute (2002) The SAS system for Windows. Release, Version 6. 12. SAS Inst., Cary, Nc. USA.
32. Sundaram T, Palanisamy S (1994) Path analysis in early rice (Oryza Sativa L.) Madras Agriculture Journal 81(1): 28-29.
33. Sing RB, Ram, PC, and Singh, BB (1990) Genetic variability in rice genotypes planted in sodic soil. International Rice Research Newsletter 15: 4,130.
34. Tanveer UH, Javaid A, Shafaqat N, Ahmad A )2009( Morpho-Physiological response of rice (Oryza sativa L.) varieties to salinity stress. Journal of Botany 41(6): 2943-2956.
35. Zeynali Nezhad KH (2000) Study of genetic variation in rice germplasms using rapid marker and morphological traits. Master Thesis. Isfahan University. Iran. [in Persian with English Abstract]