عنوان مقاله [English]
This research was aimed to compare the type and content of phytochemical compounds of Satureja rechingeri as a valuable, indigenous and endangered species of Iran under cryopreservation. The seeds were kept in liquid nitrogen at -196 °C for 1 week. The flowering shoots resulted from the treated seeds were collected and dried in the laboratory condition and their essential oils were obtained by hydro-distillation method. The essential oil compositions were determined using analytical gas chromatography and gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometer (GC/MS). Finally, 15 and 16 componentswere identified in the essential oils in the cryopreservation and control groups, respectively. The main components in the essential oil were carvacrol, p-cymeneand and thymol. Regarding the type and percentage of compounds existing in the essential oil, there was no significant difference among the control and cryopreservation treatments. Therefore by cryopreservation technique, the seeds of this valuable endangered species could be preserved for a long period and its extinction may be avoided.
10. Mandal BB, Chaudhury R, Engelmann F, Bhag Mal K, Tao L, Dhillon BS (2003) Conservation biotechnology of plant germplasm NBPGR, Biodiversity International, Library and Information Services. New Dehli India.
11. Marco-Medina A, Casas JL (2013) RAPD and phytochemical analysis of Thymus moroderi plantlets after cryopreservation. Cryoletters 34(2): 119- 127.
12. Matsumoto T, Akihiro T, Maki S, Mochida K, Kitagawa M, Tanaka D, Yamamoto S, Niino T (2013) Genetic stability assessment of Wsabi plants regenerated from long- term cryopreserved shoot tips using morphological, biochemical and molecular analysis. Cryoletters 34(2): 128-136.
13. Panis B, Lambardi M (2005) Status of cryopreservation technology in plant (crops and forest trees). The Role of Biotechnology 43- 50.
14. Peredo EL, Arroyo-Garcia R, Reed BM, Revilla MA (2008) Genetic and epigenetic stability of cryopreserved and cold- stored hops (Humulus lupulus L). Cryobiology 224- 234.
15. Rosa N, Castillo F, Bassil N V, Wada S, Reed B M (2010) Genetic stability of cryopreserved shoot tips of Rubus germplasm. In vitro cell 46: 246- 256.
16. Scocchi A, Falici M, Medina S, Olmos S, Mroginski L (2004) Plant recovery of cryopreserved apical meristems- tips of Melia azadarach L. using encapsulation/ dehydration and assessment of their genetic stability. Euphytica 135: 29- 38
17. Wang Z, Lie JSh, Zhang ChW, He YX (2013) Analysis genetic stability in Prunus humilis Bung plants after cryopreservation twice. Advances in forestry letters 2(4): 67- 75.
18. Zhai Z, Wu Y, Engelmann F, Chen R, Zhao Y(2003) Genetic stability assessments of plantlets regenerated from cryopreserved in vitro cultures grape and kiwi shoot tips using RAPD. Cryoletters 24(5): 315- 322.