عنوان مقاله [English]
Plant growth regulators effect on plants by different ways regulating their growth and development. Auxins and cytokinins are usually known to be stimulator for cell division and differentiation and plant organ development. The current study has been carried out to investigate the effect of foliar spraying of indole acetic acid (IAA) and benzyl amino purine (BAP) in concentrations of 100, 200, and 300 mg/L based on completely randomized design on evening primrose as a pot experiment. Spraying with both plant hormones especially BAP could be positively efficient on most of evaluated traits improvement. Higher concentrations were more effective on plant growth indices. The improving effect of BAP on aerial organs growth was more conspicuous; however, IAA was more effective on underground part. Therefore, to improve evening primrose growth, spraying with 300 mg/L of BAP or IAA would be recommendable.
10. Garoosi GA, Nezami E, Ostadsharif O (2018) Effects of some anti-auxins on micropropagation and growth parameters and IAA-oxidase activity in Saint Julien a rootstock. Journal of Plant Process and Function 6(19): 303-310. [in Persian with English abstract]
11. George EF (1993) Plant propagation by tissue culture. Educational Book Agency: New Delhi.
12. Gersani M, Lips SH, Sachs T (1980) The influence of shoots, roots and hormones on sucrose distribution. Journal of Experimental Botany 31 (3): 177-184.
13. Gifford RM, Evans LT (1981) Photosynthesis, carbon partitioning and yield. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 32: 485-509.
14. Hadipour AR, Azizi M, Naghdi-Badi HA, Delazar A (2015) Morphological diversities of some population of Eremostachys laciniata Bunge. Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science 46(3): 497-508. [in Persian with English abstract]
15. Hassani G, Akhgar AR, Tajabadipour A (2012) Effect of inoculation of pseudomonas fluorescent strains with IAA and ACC deaminase production on growth of pistachio seedlings. Iranian Journal of Soil Research 26(1): 89-97. [in Persian with English abstract]
16. Hosseini B, Moharrami L (2014) The survey effect of BAP and TDZ on direct shoot regeneration from nodal explant of Agastache foeniculum. Agricultural Crop Management (Journal of Agriculture) 16(2): 459-473. [in Persian with English abstract]
17. Kantev A, Yordanova RM, Janda T, Szala G, Popova L (2008) Treatment with salicylic acid decreases the effect of cadmium on photosynthesis in maize plant. Journal of plant Physiology 165(9): 920-931.
18. Kaya C, Kirnak H, Higgs D (2001) Enhancement of growth and normal growth parameters by foliar application of potassium and phosphorus in tomato cultivars grown at high (NaCl) salinity. Journal of Plant Nutrition 24(2): 357-367.
19. Mardani Ghahfarokhi V;Alami M, Arabshahi Delouee S, Sadeghi Mahoonak AR (2014) Effect of evening prime rose (Oenothera biennis) leaves extract on spoilage microorganisms in apple juice. Iranian Food Science and Technology Research Journal 10(1): 38-45. [in Persian with English abstract]
20. Mohtadi AM, Ghaderian SM (2012) Evaluation of auxin (IAA) and kinetin effects on lead uptake and accumulation in Matthiola flavida Bioss. Journal of Cell and Tissue 3(2): 161-169. [in Persian with English abstract]
21. Mojtahedi M, Lesani H (2011) Green plant life. Tehran University press: Tehran. [in Persian]
22. Ozel CA, Arslan O (2006) Efficient micropropagation of English shrub rose “Heritage” under in vitro conditions. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 8(5): 626-629.
23. Sainio PP, Rajala A, Simmons S, Caspers R, Stutman DD (2003) Plant growth regulator and day length effects on pre anthesis main shoot and tiller growth in conventional and dwarf oat. Crop Sciences 43: 227-233.
24. Tavares AC, Pimenta MC, Gonalves MT (1996) Micropropagation of Melissa officinalis L. through proliferation of axillary shoot. Plant cell Reports 15(6): 441-444.
25. Valiyari M, Nourafcan H (2018) Effect of IAA and BAP on morphophysiological traits of lemon balm. Agroecology Journal 13(4): 23-32. [in Persian with English abstract]
26. Zaferanchi SH, Saffari M, Saffari VR, Mohammadinejad GH (2010) Evaluation of plant growth regulators effects, naphthalene acetic acid and Benzyl amino purine on yield and some traits of four sesame genotypes. Crop Production in Environmental Stress 2(3,4): 49-62. [in Persian with English abstract]