- Abbaszadeh B, Sharifi Ashourabadi E, Lebaschi MH, Naderi Hajibagher M, Moghadami F (2008) The effect of drought stress on proline contents, soluble sugars, chlorophyll and relative water contents of balm (Melissa officinalis L.). Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 23(4): 504-513.[in Persian with English abstract]
- Abd El-Aziz NG, Mazher Azz AM, EL-Habba E (2006) Effect of foliar spraying ascorbic acid on growth and chemical constituents of Khaya Senegalensis growth under salt condition. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences 1(3):207-214.
- Ali Q, Ashraf M, Athar HR (2007) Exogenously applied proline at different growth stages enhances growth of two maize cultivars grown under water deficit conditions. Pakistan Journal of Botany 39(4): 1133-1144.
- Arshi A, Zainul Abdin M, Iqbal M (2005) Effect of CaCl2 on growth performance, photosynthetic efficiency and nitrogen assimilation of Cichorium intybus L. grown under NaCl stress. Acta Physiology Plant 28(1): 137 -147.
- Ashraf M, Foolad MR (2007) Roles of glycine betaine and proline in improving plant abiotic stress tolerance. Environmental and Experimental Botany 59(1): 206-216.
- Baghalian, K, Abdoshah, SH, Khalighi-Sigaroodi F, Paknejad F (2011) Physiological and phytochemical response to drought stress of German chamomile (Matricari arecutita L.). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 49(20): 201-207.
- Bates LS, Waldran RP, Teare ID (1973) Rapid determination of free proline for water studies. Plant and Soil 39(1): 205-207.
- Blum A (1996) Crop responses to drought and the interpretation of adaptation. Plant Growth Regulation 20(2):135- 148.
- Chance B, Maehly AC (1955) Assay of catalases and peroxidases. Methods in Enzymology 11(1):764-755.
10. Chen C, Dickman MB (2005) Proline suppresses apoptosis in the fungal pathogen Colletotrichum trifolii. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 102(9): 3459-3464.
11. Daneshian J, Majidi E, Hashemi-Dezfouli A, Nour-Mohamadi G (1999) Effect of drought stress on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of two soybean (Glycine max L.) cultivars. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 1(3): 35-46. [in Persian whit English abstract]
12. Dulai S, Molnar I, Pronay J, Csernak A, Tarnai R, Molnar-Lang M ( 2006) Effects of drought on photosynthetic parameters and heat stability of PSII in wheat and in Aegilops species originating from dry habitats. Acta Biologica Szegediensis 50(1-2):11-17.
13. Farooq M, Wahid A, Kobayashi N, Fujita D, Basra SMA (2009) Plant drought stress effects ,mechanisms and management. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 29(1):185-21.
14. Gamal EL-Din KM, Abd EL-Wahed MSA (2005) Effect of some amino acids on growth and essential oil content of chamomile plant. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 7(2): 376-380.
15. Good A, Zaplachiniski S (1994) The effects of drought on free amino acid accumulation and protein synthesis in Brassica napus. Physiologia Plantarum 90(1): 9-14.
16. Habibi D, Ardakani MR, Mahmoudi A, Asgharzadeh A (2010) Effects of super absorbent polymer and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) on yield and oxidative damage of maize under drought stress. International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. US & Canada 253-257.
17. Hasanuzzaman M, Nahar K, Gill SS, Fujita M (2013) Drought stress responses in plants, oxidative stress, and antioxidant defense (eds). Climate Change and Plant Abiotic Stress Tolerance.Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA: Germany 209-249.
18. Hashem A, Abd_Allah EF, Alqarawi AA, Egamberdieva D (2015) Bioremediation of adverse impact of cadmium toxicity on Cassia italica Mill. by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences 23(1): 39-47.
19. Hoque MA, Okuma E, Banu MNA, Nakamura Y, Shimoishi Y, Murata N (2007) Exogenous proline mitigates the detrimental effects of salt stress more than exogenous betaine by increasing antioxidant enzyme activities. Journal Plant Physiology 164(5):553-561.
20. Hsiao TC (1973) Plant responses to water stress. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 24(1): 519-570.
21. Karima M, Gamal EL-DIN, Abdel-wahed MSA (2005) Effect of some amino acids on growth and essential oil content of chamomile plant. International of Journal of Agriculture and Biology 7(3):376-380.
22. Kaya C, Levent Tuna A, Ashraf M, Altunlu H ( 2007) Improved salt tolerance of melon (Cucumis melo L.) by the addition of proline and potassium nitrate. Environmental and Experimental Botany 60(3): 397–403.
23. Khalil SE, Abd El-Aziz NG, Abou-Leila BH (2010) Effect of water stress and ascorbic acid on some morphological and biochemical composition of Ocimum basilicum plant. Journal of American Science 6(12): 33-44.
24. Khalil Soha E, El-Noemani AA (2012) Effect of irrigation intervals and exogenous proline application in improving tolerance of garden cress plant (Lepidium sativum L.) to water stress. Journal of Applied Sciences Research 8(1):157-167.
25. Kocheva K, Georgive G (2003) Evaluation of the reaction of two contrasting barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) cultivars in response to osmotic stress with PEG6000. Bulgarian Journal of Plant Physiology 1(1):290-294.
26. Kpoghomou BK, Spara VT, Beyl CA (1990) Screening for tolerance soybean germination and its relationship to seeding responses. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 164(2): 153-159.
27. Mirshekari B (2011) Effect of irrigation time and nitrogen fertilizer on growth period and chamazulene content of German chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla L.) in cold and semi-arid region. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 27(1):173-187. [in Persian with English abstract]
28. Mittler R (2002) Oxidative stress, antioxidant and stress tolerance. Annual Review of Plant Science 7(1): 405-415.
29. Neeraja G, Reddy IP, Gautham B (2005) Effect of growth promoters on growth and yield of tomato cv. Marutham. The Journal of Research Angrau 33(1):68-70.
30. Okuma E, Murakami Y, Shimoishi Y, Tada M, Murata Y (2004) Effects of exogenous application of proline and betaine on the growth of tobacco cultured cells under saline conditions. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 50(2):1301-1305.
31. Pirzad A, Alyari H, Shakiba MR, Zehtab-Salmasi S, Mohammadi A (2006) Essential oil content and composition of German chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla L.) at different irrigation regimes. Journal of Agronomy 5(2): 451-455.
32. Raskin I (1992) Role of salicylic acid in plants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 43(2):439-463.
33. Saxena S, Kaushik N, Sharma R (2008) Effect of abscisic acid and proline on in vitro flowering in Vigna aconitifolia. Biologia Plantarum 52: 181-190.
34. Sheokand S, Kumari A, Sawhney V (2008) Effect of nitric oxide and putrescine on ant oxidative responses under NaCl stress in chick pea plants. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 14(4): 355-362.
35. Soltani Gerdfaramarzi MK, Omidi H, Habibi H, Lebaschy MH, Zarezadeh A (2011)The effects of glycine betaine and drought stress on yield, yield components and essential oil in German chamomile genotypes in Yazd region. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 27(1): 279-289. [in Persian with English abstract]
36. Talaat I, Bekheta M, Mahgoub MH (2005) Physiological response of periwinkle plants (Catharanthus roseus L.) to tryptophan and putrescine. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 7: 210-213.
37. Talat A, Nawaz K, Hussian K, Hayat Bhatti K (2013) Foliar application of proline for salt tolerance of two wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars. World Applied Sciences Journal 22(4):547-554.
38. Wahid A, Rasul E (2005) Photosynthesis in Leaf, Stem, Flower and Fruit, in: Pessarakli M. (Ed.), Handbook of Photosynthesis, 2nd ed. CRC Press: Florida, 479–497.
39. Wu X, Zhu W, Zhang H, Ding H, Zhang HJ (2011) Exogenous nitric oxide protects against salt-induced oxidative stress in the leaves from two genotypes of tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum Mill.). Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 33:1199-1209.