عنوان مقاله [English]
To determine the effects of planting date and nitrogen fertilizer on stem borer, blast disease and rice yield of in replanted rice cultivars of Koohsar, Binam, Tarom Hashemi, and Tarom Mahali, two separate experiments were carried out in split plot based on randomized complete block design during the growing years of 2015-2016 in Amol, Iran. The first experiment was the effect of nitrogen fertilizer with the amounts of 30, 60, and 90 kg/ha on rice cultivars. The second one was the effect of planting dates including 24 July, 3, 11, and 13 August on severity of stem borer, blast disease and rice cultivars yield. The severity of stem borer was about 18 on Koohsar, and 6 ~ 12% on Binam, Tarom Hashemi, and Tarom Mahali cultivars. The increase of nitrogen application rate resulted in significant increase of stem borer severity in vegetative and reproductive stages.The amounts of panicle node blast in Koohsar and Binam cultivars were 21 ~ 43 and 4%, respectively. Increasing nitrogen rate caused significantly higher rice yield, but application of 90 kg/ha N increased the severity of stem borer. There was no significant difference in stem borer severity among the studied cultivars. The stem borer and blast disease severity was in maximum level in the first planting date. Panicle node blast severity in Koohsar was more than local rice cultivars in all three planting dates. To obtain higher rice yield and less damage of stem borer and blast disease in rice replanting system, the second planting date and 60 kg/ha of N fertilizer is recommended.
1. Fallah, A (2016) Rice cultivation of replanting in Mazandaran province. Dehaty 157: 14-17. [In Persian]
2. Faraji F, Esfehani M, Kavoosi M, Nahvi M, Rabiyi B (2012) Effects of split spplication and levels of nitrogen fertilizer on growth indices and grain yield of rice (Oryza sativa cv. Khazar). Iranian Journal of field crop science. 43(2): 323-333. [in Persian with English abstract]
3. Hendarsih S, Usyati N (2005) The stem borer infestation on rice cultivars at three planting times. Indonesian Journal of Agricultural Science 6(2): 39-45.
4. Rafiei M (2008). Effect of planting date on yield of some rice cultivars in Khorramabad condition. Seed and Plant 24(2): 251-263. [in Persian with English abstract]
5. Ramezani A, Habibzadeh M F, Bagheri H (2011) Importance's points of rice replanting. Education management of Extension of Jehade- Mazanderan province. 15p. [In Persian]
6. Jiang MX, Cheng JA (2003) Interactions between the striped stem borer Chilo suppressalis (Walk.) (Lepidoptera, Pyralidae) larvae and rice plants in response to nitrogen fertilization. Journal of Pest Science 76(5): 124–128.
7. Nouri MZ, Gholami M, Mosavi SAA, Hosseini SS (2014) Study of double-cropping of rice on agronomical characters of different cultivars in second crop of rice. Proceedings of the 1st International and 13th Iranian Crop Science Congress. August 24-26, Seed and Plant Improvement Institute of Iran, Karaj, Iran.
8. Oskou T, Nasiri M, Omrani M, Zare L (2016) Effect of different planting times of different rice cultivars on control of the striped stem borer (Chilo suppressalis) (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Plant Protection 30(1): 109-117. [in Persian with English abstract]
9. Padasht Dehkaee F (1999) Effect of nitrogen and silicon on blast disease and yield of rice. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science 30(4): 735-742. [in Persian with English abstract]
10. Sarwar M, Ahmad N, Nasrullah T, Tofique M (2010) Tolerance of different rice genotypes (Oryza sativa L.) against the infestation of rice stem borers under natural field conditions. Nucleus 47(3): 253-259.
11. Singh B, Singh Y, Ladha JK, Bronson KF, Balasubramanian V, Singh J Khind CS (2002) Chlorophyll meter and leaf color chart-based nitrogen management for rice and wheat in northwestern India. Agronomy Journal 94(4):821-829.
12. Tao F, Yokozawa M, Xu Y, Hayashi Y, Zhang Z (2006) Climate changes and trends in phenology and yields of field crops in China, 1981–2000. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 138(1-4): 82–92.
13. Ye C, Fukai S, Godwin I, Reinke R, Snell P, Schiller J, Basnayake J (2009) Cold tolerance in rice varieties at different growth stages. Crop and Pasture Science. 60(4): 328-338.
14. Yoshida S (1981) Fundamentals of Rice Crop Science. International Rice Research Institute (IRRI): Los Banos.