عنوان مقاله [English]
To determine the effect of planting date on yield and yield components of six wheat cultivars with different growth types, a research was conducted in split plot based on randomized complete block design with three replications during two growing seasons of 2016 and 2017 in Mobarakeh region, Iran. Three planting dates of 12 October, 11 November and 11 December were considered as early, usual, and delay planting dates, respectively. Wheat cultivars were Pishgam and Alvand with mid-growth habit, Zare and Heidari with winter habit and Pishtaz and Sirvan with spring growth habit. Early and delay planting cultivars with spring and winter growth habits resulted in yield increasing and decreasing, respectively. The yield of cultivars with intermediate growth type had no significant differences in planting dates of 12 October and 11 November, but the delay in planting caused the loss of yield in these cultivars. Therefore, it is recommended to plant cultivars with spring and winter growth habits and cultivars with intermediate growth type from mid-October to mid-November in the temperate region of Mobarakeh and to avoid delay in planting them.
1. Ahmed MF, Ahmed AS (2003) Effect of sowing dates on growth and yield of wheat at different elevations in Jebel Marra high lands under rain-fed conditions. Agricultural. Research Corporation 4(13): 154-162.
2. Anonymous (2018). Agricultural Statistics, Ministry of Jihad Agriculture Press. Available on-line as <http://www.maj.ir/Information and Communication Technology.
3. Eivazi A, Javani M, Rezaei M (2011) Effect of planting date on cold tolerance of winter, spring and facultative growth types of wheat genotypes. Journal of Crop Production and Processing 1(2): 1-18. [in Persian with English abstract]
4. Afiuni D, Jalali AH, Khakpour R, Safaei L, Najafi-Miraak T, Akbari GA )2014( Response of bread wheat genotypes with different flowering habits to sowing date in Isfahan. Journal of Crops Improvement 16(1): 55-68. [in Persian with English abstract]
5. Ashena M, Kafi M, Jafarnezhad A, Sharifi HR (2016) Evaluation of planting date and nitrogen effects on the development stages of wheat cultivars and their relationship with yield and yield components in Neyshabur region. Journal of Crop Production. 8 (4): 143-162. (in Persian with English abstract)
6. Anderson WK, Smith WR (1990) Yield advantage of two semi-dwarf compared with two tall wheats depends on sowing time. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 41(5): 811-826.
7. Arnon AN (1967) Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy Journal 23: 112-121.
8. Bakhshandeh A, Rahnama A (2005) seed densities and planting date on tillering, yield and yield component of six promised wheat. Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources 12(3): 147-154. [in Persian with English abstract]
9. Cao W, Moss, DN (1994) Sensitivity of winter wheat phyllochron to environmental changes. Agronomy Journal 86(1):63-66.
10. Chen C, Payne WA, Smiley R, Stoltz, MA (2003) Yield and water-use efficiency of eight wheat cultivars planted on seven dates in Northeastern Oregon. Agronomy Journal,95(4): 836-843.
11. Epplin FM, Hossain I, Krenzer Jr EG (2000) Winter wheat fall-winter forage yield and grain yield response to planting date in a dual-purpose system. Agricultural Systems 63(3): 161-173.
12. Fathi G, Siadat SA, Rosseb N, Abdali-Mashhadi AR, Ebrahimpoor F) 2001( Effect of planting date and seed density on yield components and grain yield of wheat cv. Dena in Yassoj conditions. Journal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources 8(3): 23-31. [in Persian]
13. Hossain I, Epplin FM, Krenzer EG (2003) Planting date influence on dual-purpose winter wheat forage yield, grain yield, and test weight. Agronomy Journal 95(5): 1179-1188.
14. Jafarnezhad A (2009) Determination of optimum sowing date for bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars with different flowering habits in Neishabour. Seed and Plant Production 25-2(2): 117-135. [in Persian with English abstract]
15. Lyon DJ, Baltensperger DD, Siles M (2001) Wheat grain and forage yields are affected by planting and harvest dates in the central Great Plains. Crop Science 41(2): 488-492.
16. Modhej A, Naderi A, Siadat SA (2005) Effect of sowing date and seeding rate on yield and yield component in pollination stage.Journal of Agricultural Science 13(2): 393-404. [in Persian]
17. Momtazi F, Emam Y, Karimian N (2005) Physiological characteristics and grain yield of winter wheat in response to planting density and sowing date. Journal of Sciences and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources 3(9): 143-160. [in Persian]
18. Momtazi F, Emam Y (2006) Effect of sowing date and seeding rate on yield and yield components in winter wheat cv. Shiraz. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 37-1(1): 1-11. [in Persian with English abstract]
19. Pittman UJ, Andrews JE (1961) Effect of date of seeding on winter survival, yield, and bushel weight of winter wheat grown in southern Alberta. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 41(1): 71-80.
20. Rockeford TR, Sammons DJ, Baenziger PS (1988) Planting date in relation to yield and yield components of wheat in the middle Atlantic region. Agronomy Journal 80(1): 30-34.
21. Wysocki D, Cro M )2006) Using seed size, planting date, and expected yield to adjust dry land winter wheat seeding rates. Pp. 103-110 in Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station Special Report 1068.