عنوان مقاله [English]
This study aimed to evaluate corn hybrids under drought stress reaction to application of mycorrhiza as split factorial experiment based on randomized complete block design during 2015 and 2016 at Research Station of Faculty of Agriculture, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz Branch, Iran. The main factor included drought stress based on evaporation from class A pan at two levels of 70 millimeters as control and 140 millimeters as drought stress. The sub factor was 14 factorial combinations of mycorrhiza fungi application and non-application with seven corn hybrid including SC260, SC301, SC400, SC4015, SC703, SC704, and SC705. To evaluate tolerance and sensitivity of corn hybrids to drought stress, the stress tolerance index, stress sensitivity index, tolerance index, mean productivity and the geometric mean of the product were used. Two-year complex analysis showed that in most of the studied traits, the interaction of year and stress was significant in corn hybrids. Seed yield in two years was increased more with mycorrhiza application in hybrid SC301 than other hybrids considered as the most tolerant corn hybrid to drought stress. Indices of stress tolerance index and geometric mean productivity had positive and significant correlation with grain yield in both years. Also, mycorrhiza application had a different effect on mitigating of drought stress effects, but in general it increased maize yield under drought stress conditions.
1. Ahmd Z, Waraich EA, Ahmad T, Ahmad R, Awan MI (2015) Yield response of maize as influenced by supplemental foliar applied phosphorus under drought stress. International Journal of Food and Allied Sciences 1: 45-55.
2. Alavi Fazel M, Lack Sh, Sheykhi Nasab M (2013) The effect of irrigation-off at some growth stages on remobilization of dry matter and yield of corn hybrids. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences 5(20): 2372 - 2378.
3. Alipour M, Ranjbar GA, Khourasani S, Babayan Jelodararan A (2014) Evaluation of drought tolerance in maize hybrids (Zea mays L.). Journal of Crop Breeding 6: 41-53. [in Persian with English abstract]
4. Ashraf M (2010) Inducing drought tolerance in plants: Recent advances. Biotechnology Advances 28: 183-169.
5. Cheng LI, Sun BC, Tang HJ, Wang TY, Yu LI, Zhang DF, Xie XQ, Shi YS, Song YC, Yang XH, Li JS (2017) Simple nonlinear model for the relationship between maize yield and cumulative water amount. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 30(16): 858 - 866.
6. Choukan R, Taherkhani T, Ghannadha MR, Khodarahmi M (2006) Evaluation of drought tolerance in grain maize inbred lines using drought tolerance indices. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 8: 79-89. [in Persian with English abstract]
7. Esmaeilpour B, Jalilvand P, Hadian J (2013) Effects of drought stress and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on some morphophysiological traits and yield of savory (Satureja hortensis L.). Agroecology Journal (5)2: 169 - 177. [in Persian with English abstract]
8. Fernandez GC (1992) Effective selection criteria for assessing plant stress tolerance. Proceedings of the International Symposium of Adaptation of Vegetables and other Food Crops in Temperature and Water Stress, Taipei, Taiwan. 257-270.
9. Fereres E, Gimenz C, Brenngena J, Fernandez J, Domiguez J (1983) Genetic variability of sunflower cultivar in response to drought. Helia 6: 17-21.
10. Fischer AT, Maurer R (1978) Drought resistance in spring wheat cultivars. I: Grain yield responses. Australian Journal Agricultural Research 29: 897-912.
11. Hajibabaei M, Azizi F (2011) Evaluation of drought tolerance indices in some new hybrids of corn. Electronic Journal of Crop Production 3: 139-155.
12. Harrison MT, Tardieu F, Dong Z, Messina CD, Hammer GL (2014) Characterizing drought stress and trait influence on maize yield under current and future conditions. Global Change Biology 20: 867-878.
13. Khorshidi MB, Abdi M, Iranipur S, Akbari R (2008) Effect of end season water stress on yield of nine rice cultivars and promising lines based on drought evaluation indices. Journal of New Agricultural Sciences 11: 17-29. [In Persian with English abstract]
14. Kumar M, Kaur, Pachouri ACU, Singh J (2015) Growth promoting characteristics of Rhizobacteria and AM Fungi for biomass amelioration of Zea mays. Archives of Biological Sciences 67: 877-887.
15. Mesrzadeh-Azar A, Afkari A (2014) The role of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on growth parameters of maize. Proceedings of the Second National Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources. Tehran, Iran. [in Persian]
16. Miransari M (2010) Contribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis to plant growth under different types of soil stresses. Plant Biology 12: 563-569.
17. Naderi A, Hashemi Dezfuli A, Rezaee A, Noor Mohammadi GH (2000) Analysis of performance indicators to assess the tolerance of crops to environmental stresses and introduce a new index. Seed and Plant 15: 390-40.
18. Rabbani S, Imami Y (2011) Response of grain yield of maize hybrids to drought stress at different stages of growth. Seed Production and Processing of Crops and Gardens 1(2) 2: 65-78.
19. Ribaut JM, Betran J, Monneveux P, Setter T (2012) Drought Tolerance in Maize. In: Bennetzen JL, Hake SC (eds.), Handbook of Maize: Its Biology. Springer: New York 311–334.
20. Rosielle AA, Hamblin J (1981) Theoretical aspects of selection for yield in stress and non-stress environments. Crop Science 21: 943 - 946.
21. Shiri M, Valizadeh E, Magjidi Sanjari A, Gharib-Eshghi A (2010) Evaluation of wheat tolerance indices to moisture stress condition. Electronic Journal of Crop Production 3: 153-171. [in Persian wih English abstract]
22. Shiri MR (2013) Grain yield stability analysis of maize (Zea mays L.) hybrids in different drought stress conditions using GGE biplot analysis. Crop Breeding Journal 3: 107-112.
23. Shiri MR, Bahrampour T (2015) Genotype × environment interaction analysis using GGE biplot in grain maize (Zea mays L.) hybrids under different irrigation conditions. Cereal Research 5(1): 83-94. [in Persian with English abstract]
24. Shirinzade E, Zarghami R, Shiri MR (2009) Evaluation of drought tolerance in late and medium maize hybrids- using stress tolerance indices. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 10: 416-427. [in Persian with English abstract]
25. Soltani MF, Chay Chi M (2011) Selection of the most suitable hybrid among 11 new hybrids in corn based on grain yield and forage yield under drought stress conditions. Proceedings of The First National Conference on Modern Agriculture, Saveh, Iran. [in Persian]