Afzal I, Aslam N, Mahmood F, Hameed A, Irfan S, and Ahmad G (2004) Enhancement of germination and emergence of canola seeds by different priming techniques. Caderno de Pesquisa Sér. Biological, Santa Cruz do Sul 16 (1): 19-34.
2. Almansouri M, Kinet JM, Lutts S (2001) Effect of salt and osmotic stresses on germination in durum wheat (Triticum durum Desf.). Plant and Soil 231: 243–254.
3. Anonymous, 2010. Annals of agricultural statistics. Department of Statistics and Information Department of Planning and Economic Affairs, Agriculture Organization of Khorasan Razavi.
4. Ashraf M, (1994) Breeding for salinity tolerance in plants. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 13: 17-42.
5. Ayres AS (1996) Calcium silicate slage as a growth stimulator for sugarcane on low silicon soils. Soil Sci. 101: 216-227.
6. Basra SMA, Afzal I, Rashid RA, Hameed A (2005) Inducing salt tolerance in soybean by seed vigor enhancement techniques. Journal of Biotechnology and Biochemical 1: 173-179.
7. Bezrukova MV, Sakhabudinova AR, Fatkhudinova RA, Kyldiarova IA, Shakirova FM (2001) The role if hormonal changes in protective action of salicylic acid on growth of wheat seedlings under water deficit. Agrochemiya 2: 51-54.
8. Dakora FD,
Nelwamondo A (2003) Silicon nutrition promotes root growth and tissue mechanical strength in symbiotic cowpea. Functional Plant Biology
9. Demir KM, Okcu G, Atak M, Cikili Y, Kolsarici O (2006) Seed treatments o overcome salt and drought stress during germination in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). The European Journal of Agronomy 24: 291-295.
10. Elias SG, Copeland LO (2001) Physiological and harvest maturity of canola in relation to seed quality. Agronomy Journal 93: 1054-1058.
11. El-Tayeb MA (1995) Response of barley grains to the interactive effect of salinity and salicylic acid. Plant Growth Regulation 45: 215-224.
12. Epstein E (1994) The anomaly of silicon in plant biology. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 91:11-17.
Franco JA, Esteban C, Rodriguez C (1993) Effects of salinity on various growth stages of muskmelon CV. Revival. J. Hort. Sci. 68: 899-904.
13. Gapińska M, Skłodowska M, Gabara B (2008) Effect of short- and long-term salinity on the activities of antioxidative enzymes and lipid proxidation in tomato root. Acta Physiol. Plant. 30: 11-18.
14. Heidari sharifabad H, (2001) Drought and Plant. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran. 171 pp.
15. Ishiguro K (2001) Review of research in Japan on the roles of silicon in conferring resistance against rice blast, pp. 277–291. In: Datnoff LE, Snyder GH, Korndorfer GH (Eds.). Silicon in agriculture. Elsevier, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
16. Kafi M, Rashed Mohasel H, (2002) Effect of weed control frequency, density and row spacing on growth and yield of cumin. Agricultural Sciences and Technology Journal 6: 151-158.
17. Kamenidou S., Cavins T.J., and Marek S. 2009. Silicon supplements affect floricultural quality traits and elemental nutrient concentrations of greenhouse produced gerbera. Sci. Hort., 123:390–394.
18. Khaje-hosseini M, Powell AA, Bingham IJ (2003) The interaction between salinity stress and seed vigor during germination of soybean seeds. Seed Science Technology 31: 715–725.
19. Korndorfer Gh, Lepsch I (2001) Effect of silicon on plant growth and crop yield. Plant Sci. 8:133-147.
20. Lee SS, Kim JH (2000) Morphological change, sugar content and α-amylase activity of rice seeds under various priming conditions. Korean Journal of Crop Science 4: 1-5.
21. Li Q, Ma C, Li H, Xiao Y, Liu X (2004) Effects of soil available silicon on growth, development and physiological function of soybean. National Institutes of Health 15: 73-76.
22. Liang YC (1999) Effects of silicon on enzyme activity and sodium, potassium and calcium concentration in barely under salt stress. Plant Physiology 29: 217-224.
23. Liang YC, Chen Q, Liu Q, Zhang W, Ding R (2003) Exogenous silicon increases antioxidant enzyme activity and reduces lipid peroxidation in roots of salt-stressed barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Journal of Plant Physiology 160: 1157–1164.
24. Lux A, Luxova M, Hattori T, Inanaga S, Sugimoto Y (2002) Silicification in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) cultivars with different drought tolerance. Plant Physiology 115: 87-92.
25. Matichenkov V, Calvert D (1999) Silicon fertilizers for citrus in florida. Proc. Fla. State Hort. Soc. 112:5-8.
26. Ma JF (2004) Role of silicon in enhancing the resistance of plant to biotic and abiotic stresses. Soil Science 50: 11-18.
27. Mangal JL, Hooda PS, Lal S (1988) Salt tolerance of five muskmelon cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science 110: 641-643.
28. Ministry of Agriculture (2006) Agricultural information collection. Publications Office of Research, Education, and promoting agriculture.75-78.
29. Moussa HR (2006) Influence of exogenous application of silicon on physiological response of salt-stressed maize (Zea mays L.). International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 8: 293–297.
30. Mukkram AT, Rahmatullah, Tariq A, Ashraf M, Shamsa K, Maqsood MA, (2006) Beneficial effects of silicon in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under salinity stress. Pakistan Journal of Botany 38: 1715–1722.
31. Munns R (2002) Comparative physiology of salt and water stress. Plant Cell Environment 25: 239-250.
32. Parsa S, Kafi M, Nasiri Mahalati, M (2009) Study the effect of salinity and nitrogen on N content of cultivars of bread wheat. Iranian Journal of Field CropsResearch7: 347-357.(In Persian with English Abstract)
33. Patel KS, Patel JC, Patel BS, Sadaria SG (1992) Influence of irrigation nitrogen and phosphorus on consumptive use of water and water expense efficiency of cumin (Cuminum cyminum). Indian Journal of Agronomy 37: 209-211.
34. Pill W G, Necker AD (2001) The effect of seed treatment on germination and establishment of Kentucky bluegrass (Poa pretenses L.). Seed Science and Technology 29: 65-72.
35. Ruan S (2002) The influence of priming on germination of rice seeds and seedling emergence and performance in flooded soil. Seed Science Technology 30: 61-67.
36. Sedghi M, Nemati A, Amanpour B, Gholipouri A (2010) Influence of different priming materials on germination and seedling establishment of milk thistle (Silybum marianum) under salinity stress. World Applied Sciences Journal 11(5): 604-609.
37. Senaranta T, Touchell D, Bunn E, Dixon K (2002) Acetyl salicylic acid (Aspirin) and salicylic acid induce multiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulation 30: 157-161.
38. Sun Y, Luo W, Zhang W, Ziumei X (2010) Effects of exogenous silicon on germination characteristics of cucumber seeds under NaHCO3 stress. International Conference on Challenges in Environmental Science and Computer Engineering 1: 471-474.
39. Tavousi M, (2000) Effect of different irrigation regimes on crop mass and yield component of cumin. Master’s Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
40. Tuna AL, Kaya C, Higgs D, Murillo-Amador B, Aydemir S, Girgin AR, (2008) Silicon improves salinity tolerance in wheat plants. Environmental and Experimental Botany 62: 10–16.
41. Tingle C, Chandler HJM (2003) Influence of environmental factors on smell melon (Cucumis melo var. dudaim Naud.) germination, emergence, and vegetative growth. Weed Science 51: 56-59.
42. Trenholm LE, Duncan RR, Carrow RN, Snyder GH (2001) Influence of silica on growth, quality, and wear tolerance of seashore paspalum. Journal of Plant Nutrition 24: 245-259.
43. Van't Hof J, (1968) The action of IAA and Kinetin on the mitotic cycle of proliferative and stationary phase excised root meristems. Experimental Cell Research 51: 167-173.
44. Zakan Sivritepe, HO, Nuray S, Atilla E, Turhan, E (2005) The effects of NaCl pre-treatments on salt tolerance of melons grown under long-term salinity. Scientia Horticulture 106: 568–581.
45. Zhao F, Liu Y (2000) The biosynthesis of polyamines is more sensitive than that of proline to salt stress in barley seedlings. Acta Scientia 26: 343-349.
46. Zhu ZJ, Wei GQ, Li T, Qian QQ Yu JQ (2004) Silicon alleviates salt stress and increases antioxidant enzymes activity in leaves of salt-stressed cucumber (Curcumas sativa L.). Plant Science 167: 527–533.
47. Zuccarini P (2008) Effects of silicon on photosynthesis, water relations and nutrient uptake of Phaseolus vulgaris under NaCl stress. Biologia Plantarum 52:157-160.